Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Home made dog treats- Starting new potential business

Discussion in 'Animal Jobs & Working with Animals' started by AmyBF, Sep 3, 2019.

1. AmyBF

AmyBF PetForums Newbie

Hi all!

I am new to this forum and have only just signed up. so I don't even know if i'm writing in the correct section.

I want to start a potential dog treat business from my home. I just dont know how to go about it. I need to be pointed in the correct direction of insurance, licences, getting tested by veterinary labs and then packaging, logs and everything else possible! And then even coming down to costings! Its something that I have really set my heart on and determining not to give up!

If someone could just give me some advice or point e in the correct direction! Then it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
    Amy :)

2. Namerequired

Namerequired PetForums Junior

I have a friend who does this in a really small scale. She has a dehydrator and sells dehydrated liver treats at dog shows. She usually gets a stall there and gets orders from friends so you can place orders and collect them at the show. Maybe this is something you could do once you get your company started up. As for licence, insurance etc I am not the best person to ask. Hopefully someone else can give you more detailed info on that! Good luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice