Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Home check

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by christoyne, Oct 24, 2012.

1. christoyne

christoyne PetForums Newbie

Hi to all,

I am hoping someone can help. We are thinking of adopting a small dog and are 'doing our homework. I have read up on the threads about home checks, however what would the score be for us,who live in a first floor flat? We have a massive park across the road from us so plenty of room for walks and playing?

Can anyone help?

Regards
    Chris

2. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

A lot depends on the breed you have chosen and also how you are yourself. Don't worry about it - be yourself, there are many dogs live quite happily in a flat, as long as they get their daily walks and human company.

Good luck with your home check.

3. speug

speug PetForums VIP

it depends on what part of the country you are in and what rescue. Some have very rigid rules and some are more flexible. In general rescues tend to be more flexible if you anticipate potential problems and have already worked out a solution - ie no garden but park across the road etc.

4. christoyne

Thanks to you both, we are looking at getting a small dog, like a puggle or we came across a 'mini-beagle'. So by proxy it will have some room indoors, an like I said we have a huge park across the road. I mean we still have to speak to property management etc, but other people in another block have dogs.

5. fluffybunny2001

fluffybunny2001 PetForums VIP

just wanted to say there is no such thing as a "mini beagle" and a beagle would not be suitable for a flat,they are very high energy and can be destructive if not kept mentally stimulated.
    :)

6. christoyne

I know, I couldn't remember what the cross was, an 'mini-beagle' was the best description my brain could come up with. We're not set on a suitable breed yet,we want to do our homework first.
    Thanks

Chris

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice