Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Home Boarding help ?!?!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by EllieRWDaisy, Feb 26, 2017.

1. EllieRWDaisy

EllieRWDaisy PetForums Newbie

Hello, i have applied for a home boarding license, the property is rented. In the uk north yorkshire area, Do they ask to see permission for boarding. and most importantly does it say how many dogs you can board at once on your license?????

Thank you

2. 8tansox

8tansox PetForums VIP

Well I live in my own property and I have a maximum of five dogs to visit at any one time. The Council pay annual inspection visits (although that's a joke, the two people they sent last year were absolutely petrified of my own dogs and were in and out in less than a minute!)

I could imagine the council would need to see written confirmation from your landlord to say pets were permitted on the property but I don't know for sure.

3. kitty25

kitty25 PetForums Member

We are licensed to home board. We are allowed upto 3 dogs (not including our own two) and are inspected annually. We own our home so not sure on procedures for rentals.

4. foxiesummer

foxiesummer PetForums VIP

You will need permission from your landlord and permission from the council to run a business from your own home either rented or owned. You could then be liable for business rates.

5. Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper Banned

Don't forget your house insurance, you'll more than likely have to take out additional cover, or your landlord will.

6. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

And some houses are covenanted - mine is, being an ex-council property, though some developers also have covenants banning the running of business (other than paperwork) from residential properties. One can apply to have a covenant overturned (at a price) but it may or may not be granted.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice