Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Home boarding for sensitive/nervous dog

Discussion in 'Dog Boarding' started by karen222, Jul 29, 2019.

1. karen222

karen222 PetForums Junior

Hello,

I am struggling to find a 1-2-1 home boarding service for my dog. Does anyone know of one in the Derby/Nottingham(ish) areas that are good?

Someone who preferably has no cats and no children with one or two of their own dogs (or not) would be idea. In a quiet locations would be great too.

Thanks!

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Have you thought about a house/dog sitter that comes to yours?

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. karen222

Hi Rona,

We have, but not really set up at home family wise for that...

4. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

Have a look at barking mad. They are a franchaise operating uk wide. They are bound to cover your area. They come out, do a really detailed meet with you and your dog and match your dog to one of their home boarders. Your dog goes for a 2 night trial to see if the match is a good one. If not, they will try another home boarder.

Barking mad in my area is very good, professional but with that caring touch that you want. It is expensive at the start as you do need to pay for that initial interview, the trial etc but all those are one off costs and once you are set up, in future you just pay the boarding and pick up fees.

You dont get to meet the boarders chosen for your dog. You get to see their profile and read about them, see their photo but you wont be given their home address. Presumably this is to stop you setting up a private arrangement - but also i can see it could get difficult if dog owners were scrutinising the boarders' houses. The boarders themselves get paid a tiny fee - they say this is because they want to attract people who love dogs, not people who are in it only for the money.

It is a franchaise, so maybe check trustpilot and facebook reviews for your area before going ahead. I think they do come highly rated - i have been really pleased and both my dogs love going for their holidays with barking mad

5. tabelmabel

tabelmabel PetForums VIP

6. karen222

Hi, thanks for the reply tabelmabel. I couldn't bear to think of not checking the place out though. It would be like leaving a child with perfect strangers... I have one or two local numbers I can try,

Thanks

Picklelily likes this.
  7. David Hendra

David Hendra PetForums Newbie

I'm sorry we're not nearer, we'd have been delighted to board your dog, either with or without our dog, Max. Hope you found something suitable!

8. Yorkey

Yorkey PetForums Junior

Hi, some dog daycare centre also provides a boarding service for dogs, if you can't find a suitable home boarding service, that also will be a good choice.
    And how to find them? You can just Google it online with a keyword just like"Derby dog daycare", then you can get many results.
    Or you can consult with your vet or your friends who keep dogs.
    I just search it, here are 2 high rated daycare centre:
    Doggy Day Care/Play Centre
    Poochie Play Centre
    You can have a try if you need.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice