Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Holly (phantom)

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by LizzyDrip, Jun 29, 2010.

1. LizzyDrip

LizzyDrip PetForums Junior

Hi there all,
    Well here we are, it looks like Holly has had a quite a large phantom pregnancy (she is at vets tomorrow at 10.40am). I had already worked out a few weeks back that she was having one but still in my heart of hearts hoped that i was wrong. She had been off her food, more loving had the clear discharge ect, but i had the vet palpatate her at 28 days when we had another problem with her and she couldn,t feel anything so wasn,t too hopeful. Anyway she didn,t really put any wieght on lost and went gutty if anything but she was barely eating but she did develop very very saggy boobies if you look at them you would say that she had already got a litter nurseingthat is how they have gone.
    The reason i have posted this is to ask your advise/ opinions before we see the vet tomorrow, i am taking her as when i reintroduced her back to our dog she was going mad for it if u know what i meantrying to do him and then in turn he wanted to try and do her and so as you can imagine i have had to seperate them yet again as i don,t want him to grab her and hurt her, (have any of you ever experienced this from your bitches). She is not in season there is no bleeding or swelling of her vulva, hence the visit to the vets tomorrow. Just wondered if any of you can throw any light on what is going on with her in the meantime.

2. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

It could be an infection. At least if you are going to the vet hoefully things will be getting sorted x

3. LizzyDrip

Thanks for your reply Tanya, I will let you know what the vet says when i return.

4. LizzyDrip

UPDATE; Holly has now been to the vets and has had the all clear (no infection):thumbup:, the vet has given her a good once over and has said that it is all down to her hormones beening all over the place with having the phantom. They have given me some meds to try and calm down her boobies and hopefully it should help with calming down her hormones too.:)hopeully these should kick in in the next 5 days or so and she should hopefully be back to her normal self.:)

5. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Hopefully she'll be back to normal soon.

Are you having her spayed?

6. LizzyDrip

Hi Tanya,
    The vet didn,t even mention this and i forgot too also, too concerned/busy discussing what else could be going on with her and what had been going on since she was mated. I have got to give them a call if these meds don,t calm her down in the next 5 to 6 days, if they don,t they can try some other meds, but if these work i won,t need to take her back until she is due her booster vacs at the end of next month and i will discuss spaying her then, unless we have to go before for some reason (hopefully not though) only cost another £70 this morning, it was nearly £100 last time i took her . (but she is worth every penny, as long as she is ok that is the main thing):)
    Many thanks for your advice Tanya it is much appreciated;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice