Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Holly escaped last night..

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by rebenda, Aug 10, 2009.

1. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

But shes back THANK GOD!!!

i was on a late shift working til midnight so didnt have a clue, came home and my mum was sat up along with my sister came running to the door telling me im lucky as a friend from her school had caught holly after a cat was chasing her!

wel i went ballistic! how had she escaped id askd them to keep and eye on her and charlie as theyd not been out during day as it was too hot!they were in a run well my mum bless her feels real bad as she were in garden cleaning their poop and she had her back turnd for 2 seconds and holly was gone! we have no idea how shes gone but we'r making it more than bl***y secure today! she were gone for 2 hours and they had all the street out looking my dad climbing through gardens and neighbours walking round streets with kids looking! luckily the kid from sis school had seen her being chased and grabbed her and put her in a carrier then was walking round street knocking on doors seing if anyone had lost a rabbit was about phone rspca he told my dad! my dad were like thats were my daughter is glad u didnt do that! he gave him some money for getting her bless,

but god i were annoyed when i got in from work poor holly was traumatised shaking like mad apparently!

i cant believe it thankgod them lads caught her

2. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

OMG so lucky the kids caught her. at least they got her back before you got home. Its horrible when they get out so at least you wernt there and panicking for hours on end, its the worst feeling ever!! they are tricky little things though i keep finding mine trying to escape, snowy can now lift the run up unfortunatly and pip once tried to climb the garrage wall!!!!

3. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

urs are lil escape artist arnt they lifting the run up!! lol i said they shuda rang me at work but i guess i couldnt have done anything i were only nurse in so wunt of been able to come out just wudda been worrying god im sooo glad i go and check on them when i come in from work anyway coz im paranoid door hasnt been locked properly or something and i grabbed her and were cuddling her for ages! charlie apperntly cleaned her to death last night she lay down shaking while he cleaned her top to toe awww!

4. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

Bless him, he missed her. lets hope she has learnt her lesson and wont try it again!!! good luck with your rabbit proofing!!

5. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

awww charlie is such a sweetie, hopefully shes learnt her lesson and wont escape again! have u given her a good check over for puncture wounds and broken bits?

6. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Aw bless her! That was nice of the kids to knock on peoples doors asking who had lost a rabbit!

One of mine escaped once from under the run, it was on a slight bump which meant there was a tiny gap she managed to squueze out of. I lucikily saw her make her bid for freedom and managed to chuck a wash basket over her (I was pegging washing out at the time!) lol! After that I put chicken wire on the bottom of the run.

7. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

Oh yes! she had a big check over last nite theres nothing on her thankgod.

yep done loads of rabbit proofing no idea where she got out but she aint getting out again thats for sure! reinforced everything.gunna watch her and see if she tries again, hopefully shes learnt her lesson!

8. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

lol at chucking washing basket over her! great catch! ye i were think perhaps shed done that but cant find any gaps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice