Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Holidays

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rottiesloveragdolls, Aug 3, 2009.

1. rottiesloveragdolls

Have you booked your summer holiday if you have where are you going?

Im not going away again this year as iv got Kittens ready to leave end of September and another litter due the beginning of September so that takes us to the beginning of Dec :rolleyes: so this is the 4th year we havnt been away not even for a day :(

2. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

I've had my flights to Jersey (Channel Islands) booked for a few months now. That's all I needed to pay for as I'm staying with my aunty, uncle and cousin. I go on the 12th for 9 days, back on the 21st. Flying alone though and have never done it before, a little nervous about that and finding my way around Newcastle airport, but apart from that aspect I'm really excited! I'll be packing soon! :D:D:D
    Oh, and also have spent 6 days in Amsterdam with school at beginning of June ;)

#2 Inca's Mum, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  3. sandymaynard

sandymaynard PetForums Senior

Hopefully going to rent a cottage maybe in skegness for the christmas week!
    we thought have christmas somewhere else!
    We will be taking JD with us!
    Sandy

4. nhamblin84

nhamblin84 PetForums Member

too poor for holidays this year with out two arrivals :D

we are taking them to cornwall for 4 days on a sun holiday (total cost inc dogs less than £100) which i didnt think was too bad! :D

5. Kat28

Kat28 PetForums VIP

Im off to egypt again next week cant wait.Then either france or egypt again for xmas :D

6. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

i went to egypt last year for 2 weeks where about sid you go?

did you go to ciaro?

and were u able to see the pyramids etc... :)

luckily enough we were able to do that - a lotof travelying though - which i wont want to do again!

7. GSDlover4ever

about 3 months ago i went to Mallorca as a last minute thing, i decided that i was going to go with my bf and his cousin 10 hours befoer the plain left. at the time i had to do lot sof college reports etc.... - so i took it all with me and luckily enough i was able to get a lot done :)

i was also away to Canada for 2 weeks, i just got back over a week ago. i had a gd time - me and my bf traveled a lot - from niagra falls, to america and back to a small town called smith falls in canada.

it took us 9 hours to get back - as we didn't have a decent map and got lots quite a few times! argggg - it was defo an adventure! :)

8. rottiesloveragdolls

hmmm how the other half live :D Enjoy ;) can swap anyone for sh!t shoveling for a few days please :D

9. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

No holidays booked it doesn't help when you're not allowed to fly

10. Kat28

Kat28 PetForums VIP

We stayed in sharm el sheik about 3 weeks ago and are going back to same hotel again. We just stayed in resort as OH and eldest went diving everyday went on a couple of boat trips as well.Did some snorkelling and just chilled out.I have had a rough few months with illness and loosing my grandad so just needed a break.Cant wait to go back again :D

11. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I was lucky enough to go to Finland back in march. Very kindly funded by a friend of mine. It was my first holiday in almost 10 years, and only the 3rd one ive ever been on.

I doubt i will be going away again for a very long time.

12. sammyben

sammyben Guest

No hols booked this year, didnt want to go anywhere with getting Sammy (unfair to put him in kennels so young)!

x

13. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I am either going on a luxury 3 month cruise or a week in a caravan in Cornwall. I haven't decided which one yet:rolleyes:.

14. mindymoo

mindymoo PetForums Member

If the flipping weather sorts itself out we will be off to cornwall with our pup :D

Really fancy getting one of those crofters cottages in scotland later on in the year too, holed up with O/H my doggy and a few bottles of wine :rolleyes: nice long walks to blow away the cobwebs :)

15. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Can I decide for you? :rolleyes: I'd actually pick the caravan! :smilewinkgrin:

16. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Oh ok I'll go for the caravan, I was struggling getting the lottery win that was going to pay for the cruise anyway.lol

17. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

What on earth is a holiday?????i vaguely remember them lmao :001_tt2: :smilewinkgrin: not had one in over 12years a proper holiday that is!

[​IMG]

18. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

We've had our hol's for this year unfortunately, still after 4 1/2 weeks in France can't really afford another one.

19. kayz

kayz PetForums VIP

No hols here. We are an hour a bus from Whitby though so can spend plenty of days in the sun(rain) at the beach.

We are planning our 2010 holiday to the lake district though!!

20. GSDlover4ever

we went to sharm el shake as well, we also went on a boat ride, snorkled everyday, went parasailing - it was great to chill by the prive beach as well.

the fish you were able to see were amazing - we seena few sting rays and puffer fish :)

we got a bus down to kiro to see the pyramids - it was a long journey, we were all squished in the bus like sardeens. we even had our own private guard armed with gun on a few of the buses. :eek:
    i dont think it is that safe in kiro - whilst their we were able to go to the museam, travel down the river nile etc....
    also at the museum their was loads of armed police as well!

apart from that it was great holiday though!

did you get the tummy bug?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice