Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Holidays!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by claire, Jan 14, 2008.

1. claire

claire Guest

just started planning our summer holidays, there is about 9 of us going and were hoping to hire a dog friendly cottage maybe in the lake district.Does anyone else do this so you can take your dogs away? if so where do you go? were undecided between the lake district and scotland be nice to have some ideas or recommends thanks

2. kaz

kaz PetForums Junior

3. Chickmunki

Chickmunki PetForums Newbie

Not sure if this helps but we went to scotland a while back, we was un-able to take the dogs. But was amazed at how dog freindly they are, and the veiws/walks are amazing. We are planning to take our dogs on holiday in 2009 and plan to go to scotland as long as your dog is well behaved etc they are even allowed in some public houses etc. The people are freindly we really enjoyed it would deffinatly take my dogs given half the chance.....

4. Brainless

Brainless Guest

A friend of mine and her Obedience Friends have gone on holidays together. They always get references from each place they stay as they take about 20 dogs.

Most places wouldn't consider a large number of dogs but with the references are often more accommodating. they always leave the grounds and cottages cleaner than they found them.

Here is a picture of the group by the sea:
    [​IMG]
    For those who don't believe Elkhounds can do Obedience :D
    [​IMG]

Anele Jessica likes this.
  5. claire

claire Guest

thanks for the ideas, i want to go to scotland but i think i might be out voted, i think it looks like the lake district tho, we got two children under 2 aswell just want somewhere that suits everyone

6. claire

claire Guest

i like the pictures too bet it was hard work away with all them to look after

7. Nina

Nina PetForums VIP

What a FAB photo. That must have been quite a feat to get them all standing to attention lol

8. Brainless

Brainless Guest

I was told not they were just told to stay while the owners had a pit stop.

The Border Terriers are the Elkhounds best buds, they have a natural affinity and similar outlook on life.

9. leoti

leoti PetForums VIP

10. Magik

Magik Guest

Hi Claire I hope to go abroad this year and with you being in Mansfield I was wondering if you could look after my dog. It would only be for a month or so.

11. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Your so cheeky......:eek::D:D
    Where you going?

12. Magik

Magik Guest

Naples, florida and some time in Miami

13. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Very Nice!
    It will be very quiet on here :D:D:D

14. Magik

Magik Guest

you trying to say that you will miss me?

15. sallyanne

sallyanne Guest

Errrrrrmmm,hell yeah,like a bad case of the flu :D:D:D

16. Magik

Magik Guest

I think I've grown on you over the past month and I think we will one day be in eachothers arms!

17. claire

claire Guest

its alright for some! we aint going abroad till 2010:(

18. Magik

Magik Guest

it'll soon fly round... what's the occasion?

19. claire

claire Guest

going to south africa got relatives there and it the world cup so should be good aint been away in ages!

20. Magik

Magik Guest

sounds like ti will be worth the wait. And with you not going away this year you'll be ok to watch my dog ...right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice