Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Holidays with dogs!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by goodvic2, Jul 9, 2009.

1. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

We want to go away with the dogs this year and would prefer to stay in a cottage. A caravan would be cool, but I want to be able to let the dogs out in a garden safely.

Can anybody recommend anywhere? We don't want to go further than a 2-3 hour drive from London.

Thanks x :)

2. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

We went the Peak District a couple of weeks ago and stayed in a rather lovely barn conversion with our puppy.......Fabulous!!!

3. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Was there a garden? was it busy? how did you find it? x

4. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

Not a garden as such but then the Peak Dis. is a vast walking place anyway. It was in the middle of nowhere so extremely quiet :D

I found it by going on to the tourist information website for the area i was wanting to visit ie the peak district, then click on the accommodation button and searched. There is symbol's which show you if a place is pet friendly or not.

I did however, buy a couple of books which contain hotels etc that accept dogs/cats around the country, which are pretty good.

Good luck x

5. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

That sounds ideal! Middle of nowhere - I love it! Can you remember any details of the place? x

6. Alfiegeorge

Alfiegeorge PetForums Junior

We've bought a touring caravan just so we can take Alfie away with us, quite expensive but well worth it, we're all benefiting from the fresh air.

7. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Go on to google and type in dog friendly holidays, there are loads of places that except dogs now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice