Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Holiday in Wales with the dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Insane, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Insane

Insane PetForums Senior

Hi - we have just come back from Wales today. We had a fantastic time and if anyone wants boring with our holiday photos please click on link (lots of kids but there is some good ones of the dog).

We took our big dog with us but left the little ones at home with family. We went to mid Wales, a place called Borth. I was a little disapointed with the dog access, we have never been to Wales before but always thought it was really dog friendly, yet the dog was not allowed anywhere on the beach at Borth which meant we couldn't take the kids to the beach there and we climbed up Snowdon on a very wet and cold day to find that the dog was not allowed anywhere in the new building. I could understand him not being allowed in the actual cafe but there is a little foyer before this which had signs up saying no dogs. This meant one of us had to stay outside in the rain and it was freezing point. (Must admit we ignored the signs and took the dog in the foyer)

In general though we had a great time and went on some great walks.

Leaving Facebook... | Facebook

2. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Looks like you had a nice holiday, Wales is a beautiful country :D x

3. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

looks like a great place! only saw two mins of it as my comp was lagging arggh. Totally love the Pendulum in the background :)

4. Insane

Insane PetForums Senior

Thank you. My oh loves Pendulum, it is all he has played all week.

Has anyone had better experiences with dog access in Wales though? Is it better in the South of Wales?

5. seadogg

seadogg PetForums Newbie

In the old "hotel" on Snowdon you could take just about anything in and nobody minded. From your experiences I reckon the Lakes is more dog friendly.

My old border terrier would happily allow herself to be smuggled into forbidden places like the library in a rucsac but appreciate problem with large one.

Best wishes for good walking.

6. Insane

Insane PetForums Senior

Ha Ha - I did think about telling them that he was a shetland pony not a dog and it didn't say anything about horses!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice