Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

holiday homework

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by westie~ma, Aug 14, 2009.

1. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

DD's school gives out a homework project at the end of the summer term. They give a list and the child can choose what to do and it gets handed in the first week they go back to school.

I can see why in theory this would be "nice", for the kids that are bored they've got something to do, occupy them on possible wet days but in reality it's the parents that end up doing it (I'm not one of them btw), or nagging at their child during the holidays to start/do some/finish the project (I am one of these ;))

I'm one of those parents that support my child's school and education on the whole but on this point I can't agree.

Flipping project, I feel like it is hanging over us all summer!!!

End of rant ...... ;)

#1 westie~ma, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  2. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

see - this is why im home educated :D

3. TabbyRoad

TabbyRoad Banned

It's been quite some time since I was in school but we never got anything like that thankfully. Our summers were absolutely packed between our family holidays and going to visit family members around the country. No way would we have been able to fit in a projecct.

Although, maybe if we had some reminder of what homework was it wouldn't have been such a shock to the system when we went back to school :D

4. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Oh flip, I don't think I could do home ed! Homework and projects throughout the school year is hard enough :eek:

5. Cassies-mum

lol well its bettter that im home ed

my mum doesnt work

and she has depression so its better that i can be here whenever theres a rough patch

6. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

So if you were in the school system, what year would you be in? Who sets what work you do, your parents or LEA? I've never met anyone who is home-ed so I'm curious.

7. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

That's the bit I'm struggling with :D

8. Cassies-mum

I would be in year 8, going to 9 in september,
    My mum sets my work but we get a copy of national curriculum from EO (education otherwise)

any other questions? i dont mind, people ask allot

Although we dont have to work by the curriculum, like we dropped R.E and replaced it with medical studies, and dropped art and replaced it with photography :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice