Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hog hunting.. Why?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Varkhond, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Varkhond

Varkhond PetForums Member

YouTube - pig hunting australia (the pilliga)
    Warning harsh stuff...

Why on earth do they need to abuse the animals to death? Why can't they take a clean shot and get over with it? Is these the same people who buy pit's for status dogs and fighting them? I get so angry, and worse - feel so very bad i can't sleep after watching this crap. :( The tube is FULL of this stuff, and as you see its not only the australian's who does this stuff, also americans and middleeast use this kind of hunting method.. The video i linked is one of the lighter ones, there is stuff there i dont wanna throw in your face.

Anyone against bloodsports here, who know what can be done to try and stop this? This can't be done in 2009, its not an excuse that their undereducated or inbred hillbillies.. Makes me wanna go crazy, but ain't gonna lower meself to their level. :(

NB: Why are these videos allowed on the tube? Its a bloodsport, and as i reckon other bloodsports like hare coursing video's (very sick to) is not allowed there.. I've send an email some days ago asking why, but the tube never respond to criticism.

#1 Varkhond, Jul 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  2. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

oh i cant watch but i can imagine:( :mad: some people get a sick kick out of watching animals suffer!! i kno what i'd like to do to scum like that!

theres loads of vile cruelty videos on youtube is discusting:mad:

i dont know what to do to stop it, maybe contact an anti bloodsports organisation see if they can advise x

3. Varkhond

If i was to win the 91.2 million euro jackpot in the Italian superenalotto, i sure know where to spend a good share. :cursing: But till then i can just sit and be a angry dude without helping anything. :(

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Because they're sick.

5. Nicci

Nicci Guest

Boars/Hogs are hunted simply because they do considerable damage to the envioronment, contaminate waterholes, kill wildlife & livestock and spread disease :)

It's very hard to have a clean shot at these animals if you miss you stand a very strong chance of being hurt or killed yourself.

6. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Its cruel and evil and the poor animal suffers and goes into shock its sick!!:mad:

7. Nicci

Nicci Guest

I'm not going into the ins and outs of debating whether or not it's cruel..the question was asked why it is done, I've provided the answer :)

8. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

You dont have too im just stating my views on it :)

9. Captain.Charisma

Captain.Charisma PetForums VIP

Ewww, some people are twisted. They probauly have no power or status of there own, so they get there kicks from barbaric sports like this :S

10. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

Scum!

There is never an excuse for animal cruelty.

Makes me madddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!

11. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

This is barbaric, i can undertsnad if you shot it to put it to good use such as food? But to put it through torture is clean evil. I leaft a comment saying what worthless members of society they must be :mad:
    The poor thing was squealing so loud it brought a lump to my throat :mad:
    I could kill them! I want to let a pack of dogs loose on them!
    Saw your comment on youtube too goodvic, nicely put :)

12. Varkhond

hehe i was freshly overwhelmed there. :wink5:
    YouTube - Namibia Oryx
    THIS is how a man hunt, i even respect them even though i could never kill an animal like that. Wen its done by a pro its painless and fast. If you can't afford a high caliber/quality rifle don't shoot pigs then (or like here send dogs).
    Most of these "hog hunters" use the excuse its to hard to get a clean shot, and the pig will run for miles. What they don't understand is there is hunters killing elephants in 1 good shot, without any dmg to the elephant (doesn't leave a huge crater - so not a cannon).

Yes hunting is needed to ballance nature, but this is to cruel... Id wish there was laws, and a good education before you can go shoot pigs and other bigger game whit a tiny crap rifle. (and ofc dogs for the pure "fun" of it)...

Patterdale_lover likes this.
  13. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

There is in the uk;)

14. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

Good post and couldnt agree more! :)

15. Varkhond

Nice to see someone on my brainwave. :D

Anyway, to go more brainy an "hunter" like the ones i linked in intro would maybe go on with remarks like;

Well elephant don't sneak around in bushes, and stuff. (valid point).
    But at some time the pigs do stand still to drink or stuff.. Setup an camoflaged hut there... I can seriously counter anything, and i'm no expert by any means. :idea:

16. Varkhond

... I posted same kinda thread, sugarcoded so i dont get banned etc. on the "geek/gaming" forum i frequent. (danish) Svinet jagtmetode? | Daily Rush > Debat > Off-topic

The major part think its nothing to get pissed about, because its natural... :eek:ut:
    Afraid to say this, but their all assholes kinda... :rolleyes:

What he says using google translate (bit late so faster, and more fun) is.

Right so you pull out a sledge hammer and crush their feet, so they dont run while you gore them? Right.... :[

#16 Varkhond, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  17. Deerhounder

Deerhounder PetForums Senior

Hunting animals with dogs is illegal in some states of Australia. It is still legal in the states that have huge outback areas, Western Australia (where I think this was filmed), Northern Territory and Queensland.

I don't like Piggers (people who hunt with pig dogs). Not only do the pigs suffer but so do the dogs. Feral pigs up here are nasty and a lot of dogs don't return from a days pig hunting. Many pig dogs suffer horrendous injuries.

A good marksman with a high powered weapon is a much kinder alternative.

Feral pigs are in plague proportions in some areas up here. They destroy crops, kill both native and domestic animals and carry a lot of diseases. Feral pig meat is not safe to eat so there is no question of killing for food.

My niece and her husband have a 250 acre mango farm. When Cyclone Larry came through they lost a third of their established trees. They borrowed money and began the slow task of replanting young trees for the future. Despite the fact they have electric pig fences, the feral pigs got through and destroyed acres of young trees. If this wasn't bad enough they also slaughtered a young Quarter horse foal during the same rampage.

At night you often hear guns going off in the local cane fields. This is farmers shooting feral pigs.

I support humane shooting of feral pigs but I am actively opposed to pig hunting with dogs.

There are a lot of people in the world who simply enjoy cruelty. I believe Badger baiting still goes on and throughout the world dog fighting is still a popular sport, even in civilized countries where it is illegal. I don't know why and I don't know what the answer is.:sad:

18. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

thank you for your insight into this. As you say, there is no need for animal cruelty.

19. Varkhond

Yeah ty. :)

They can't come and say their doing it only because a riffel and ammo is more costy. Having 4-5 dogs who needs food outcost that easy. But then again, most of these dogs are well skiny tbh.

20. Guinevere13

Guinevere13 PetForums VIP

I don't see why this gives us the right to kill other animals.
    I think you will find that it is us who do more damage/spread more diseases than all the wildlife put together.
    The people who do things like this are just sick b***ards whose only pleasure is to watch suffering.
    I am a vegetarian, but I think that hunting for food is acceptable. However, I have just read that these hogs are not eaten so, as I said above, they are sick...

#20 Guinevere13, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice