Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hodge is not eating

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Funky, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

I was feeding bunnies today and noticed that Hodge is not excited about his good he went to see it but didnt touch it!
    We have given him metacam and metaclopromide -Richard have him kale but he didnt touch it!
    I am goif to make appointment for him for tonight and Richard is going to check in him at lunch time. If he is ok I cancel it but if not trip to vet this evening.
    I don't know what has happened!

2. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

I have painted door frame in utility and Richard has seen Hodge going and chewing it (on Monday) day after painting-it was definitely dry but could this cause the blockage?

3. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

I'm not sure if the newly dried paint would cause a blockage.

I'm just thinking back a couple of weeks ago when Barney seemed to have similar if not the same symptoms, not interested in food and he was not excited to see me either. He just stayed inside his hutch, not moving much.

I hope he picks up fairly soon, poor lad.

4. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

How is Hodge acting in himeself? Is he still hopping, or is he lethargic/less interested in anything? Is he drinking?

What sort of paint was it?

I wondered if it could be teeth?

One of ours went from bright and bouncy to mopey and non eating overnight.

Metacam and Tramadol improved him only a little. He came to food, had a sniff, but did not eat.

He had sub cu fluids, then an emergency dental (big spurs), and was back to his normal self straight away.

The vet will feel his stomache and check his teeth, etc. He might give him fluids to keep Hodge hydrated, and help flush the gut through.

Let us know how you get on.

5. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

He seems ok - He was running to food and hopping around and I only noticed as he wouldn't be quickly eating his food! He had two bits thats it (two pellets)!
    I better take him anyway to check his teeth.

6. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

Richard gave him shredded cereal and he ate it straight away, I have asked to give him some pellets and he ate them as well. He seems normal so we have cancelled vet but if it will happen again it would mean something probably is happening with his teeth.

7. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

That's good. Now see what happens when the Metacam wears off. Hopefully he will be fine.

8. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

How is Hodge doing now?

Is he pulling through?

9. Funky

Funky PetForums VIP

Excited about his food-running and bossy around my other two boys and Barbie-little devil:D

10. jemma_79

jemma_79 PetForums VIP

Glad to hear it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice