Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hmmmmm Not sure what to do

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by kateaitken07, Jul 20, 2009.

1. kateaitken07

kateaitken07 PetForums Junior

We brought Bella home yesterday but she doesnt seem to be settling.

All my other cats are fine with her, they havent hissed or anything, they just want to play. Bella is th eone who hisses and growls at the others when they go near her.

I always thought it was meant to be the other way round??

Will Bella settle???

2. Izzie999

Izzie999 PetForums VIP

Hi,

Firstly its very early days and it takes time for them to settle. There are things you can do to make it easier though. Make sure she has somewhere she can go for quiet time and so she feels safe. Secondly get a feliway plug in, these are very good at settling newbies down. You could always try rubbing a blanket on her and doing the same with your other cats so there is scent transferrance (sp).

I am sure in no time at all they will all be best of buddies!

Izzie

3. kateaitken07

kateaitken07 PetForums Junior

Thanks hun, I just wasnt expecting it, all my others felt at home straight away!

Shes a bit more playfull today bless her, she currently tearing round my lounge while the rest of my babies are all sleeping lol

4. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

iT CAN TAKE UP TO A MONTH FOR THINGS TO SETTLE AND FOR THEM TO WORK OUT HOWS THE BOSS GIVE IT TIME IM SURE THE DUST WILL SETTLE. JUST KEEP AN EYE ON THEM .

5. xkittenx

xkittenx PetForums Junior

Ooooh I have a little Bella too (fiesty thing though mine!).

She will settle in - our bella was the one more on her gaurd when she came to us whereas the others were more like...ooooh new playmate!

Just give her time - im sure she will be just fine.

6. gemmstoned

gemmstoned PetForums Newbie

It does take a while. I am only a newbie and I posted about my new kittens not settling in a couple of months ago. I got lots of good advice but it still took my 2 kittens about 6 weeks to be settled. Now they think they own the place :wink5:

It really does depend on the cats and will probably take longer than you expect, so be patient, it did for me and I was so worried for all that time.

Good luck and best wishes xxx

7. Sarnajes

Sarnajes PetForums Member

Some take longer to settle than others, I'm sure she'll be fine in a few days. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice