Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hmmm what is this.....?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by xgemma86x, Jul 4, 2009.

1. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

For once this actually isn't about 1 of my hamsters .... it's about Ringo,my bfs sister Aimees hamster Ringo:)

He's a male syrian who will be 2 in October/November time. To put it bluntly he's always had fairly large testicles:blushing:but for the past week or so they've been alot more swollen. They finally decided to take him to the vets yesterday who said he had an infection and gave him Baytril for his water. Aimee put some in his water last night and went out. We havent seen her since so it's been left to me and Michael (bf) to make sure he's ok:rolleyes:Typical really as she's never bothered to take proper care of her hamsters but that's a different story altogether:rolleyes: Michael got Ringo out a few minutes ago and part of the testicle area has gone black. We're both so sure it wasn't there before and have no idea what it could be:confused: If anyone has any ideas then please let us know:confused:

I've included a picture but dunno if you can see where I mean pretty well:confused: I've drawn a red mark round where the unusual black bit is!

[​IMG]

He's still active so I doubt it's owt serious but I thought I'd ask anyway:rolleyes:

2. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I'm not sure myself but i'm sure that TDM or someone will be along to answer..

#2 srhdufe, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  3. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Well those places look like it's where his anus and sex organ is, or one of them as they are further apart.
    I'm trying to think back when I had male hamsters, I think some males do have darker bits there than others, but I can't be 100% sure.

#3 EmzieAngel, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  4. u-look-like-a-hamster

u-look-like-a-hamster PetForums VIP

Hmmm, If its not been ther before then its proberly the baytril.
    It uses some nutrients from the hamsters. So its proberly that.

Or it might be blood from his poo?

i don't know

Im not brillient at baytrill relatedthings
    xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice