Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hmm..Should I have a word...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lozb, Aug 23, 2013.

1. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

.... one of the neighbours on our close has two staffies (which are gorgeous) but never on lead.. in and out of the car...

My garden has a secure fence - Dolly isn't very dog friendly (aside from with Baxter, our other dog) and when these staffs come up to the gate and sniff, Dolly goes bonkers, barking, snarling, trying to get at them - gets herself into a right state & makes a hell of a noise - let alone what it's doing to the staffs in torment!

These neighbours are 'alright' - they've had rows with other neighbours about the parking but I get on with them 'okay' - not friends or anything, we're just polite.

Would you have a word in their ear, if you were me, about keeping them on lead/away from my garden? Bear in mind I'm the least confrontational person you could come across!!!

Just getting a bit fed up of them running up to the gate and getting Dolly all wound up :(

2. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

yup I would, especially if you tell them it's because your dog isn't friendly they should understand, :)

3. lozb

lozb PetForums VIP

I should imagine they can see/hear she's a bugger by her reaction to their dogs!
    Bugs me a bit that they're always off lead - they don't tend to run off but it's not best practice really, I wouldn't have thought.
    Just feel a bit 'soft' and don't want to broach it :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice