Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

History repeated

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 0nyxx, Mar 27, 2011.

1. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

My mum was quite strict when we were kids, & there were certain kids we werent allowed to play with, we could talk to them ect so as not to appear ignorant if they were hurt she or any of us were allowed to help them if they'd fallen or something, but if we were caught playing with them god help us!

The kids in question were badly behaved, didnt have a bed time, had no rules at home, if there was trouble they were in amongst it & they were quite light fingered too & very cheeky.

A few of them were from the same family cousins etc but all the same in their ways, although there were a couple of others too.

If you got into an arguement or fight with one you ended up taking on the whole bloody family! Thats still true today one of there youngest (original lots grandkids) was in a fight with a kid from across the road if he'd won nowt would have been said but because he didnt, mum, dad aunties uncles cousins siblings even grand parents & great grandparents where at the house across from us having a huge row!!!

Some are a similar age to me others are older, it's sad to see history repeated, their kids are exactly the same in how they have been brought up, with out sounding rude cos it's not meant too most of their kids arent nice poeple either OVERLY confident yeah but not the sort I'd want to spend much time with.

Even sadder the next generation as in their kids some in their 20's but others from 10yrs up are even worse!!! I was in the Carphone warehouse, when the youngest lot were in there fiddling with the phones & annoying the staff & generally being unplesant, & I just thought my mum wasnt too far off the mark 2 generations on they are still rude/badly behaved & have no ground rules this is 35 yrs on from the ones we weren't allowed to play with!

Having had 1st hand experience teaching the younger ones a few years back it's clear to see they were allowed to do & say what ever they want! Im so glad I kept my 2 away from them when they were younger too, as bad as that might sound, at least mine had boundries & rules!

2. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

My mum was the same wouldn't let me play with some kids when I was younger because they where trouble and there family alway mad arguments with other neighbour it's sad though when kids are not helped to stay out of Bad trouble and be nice.

3. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

I think everywhere has a family like this sadly. We had two on one street. There was no worry about me or my siblings playing with them as we had our moms english accent and my brother is special needs so we were targets more than anything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice