Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hissing roach on back and in pain

Discussion in 'Insects , Snails and other exotic pets' started by angeltown, Feb 7, 2020.

1. angeltown

angeltown PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone, im not sure if this is the right place to post this. I just created this account because im very worried about my pet hissing roach. I found her this morning on her back and her legs where moving a lot. She was also making little noises like she was in pain. Im really worried about her, shes been like this for hours and I dont know what to do. I made sure her food was washed so its not pesticides causing this. Please help, I dont know what to do..

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

3. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

I doubt a vet would bother with an invert tbh.

Have you tried to right the hisser so that she's upright? My experience has been they do cast on their backs when dying.

4. angeltown

angeltown PetForums Newbie

Yes, I tried putting her back on her feet but she would just roll back over. I decided to euthanize her yesterday by freezing her because she wasnt getting better. Im pretty sure she had an internal parasite of some sort because the whole time I’ve had her she was skinny, and the male in the same cage as her was perfectly fine.

5. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Just thought they might pts so it wasn’t suffering.

6. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

At least she’s not suffering.

Sorry for your loss

7. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

Freezing is considered a very painful way to die, much better off being crushed or even popped in to boiling water. I know both sound much more grim but they are more humane.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice