Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hissing and batting cat

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Miffy3001, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Miffy3001

Miffy3001 PetForums Newbie

Hi, we have two rescue cats who will be 1 in August. We have had them about 3 months. Even tho we have made great progress with them both we still have one very scared and hissy cat.
    One of them, Frankie, will let you stroke him, sit on your lap, come to the door when you get home and has even had a few trips into the garden. His brother Paddy however... we have never touched him, he hisses when you go near him and bats your hand if you put it near him.

i'm just after any tricks people may have of encouraging a more friendly response? He will sit in the kitchen doorway and purr when i make his food. he sleeps outside our bedroom door at night, and will come into the lounge and either sit under the coffee table or sit in the window, but thats as far as it goes.

When i get the treat box out he runs off and hisses. Frankie will take the treat from my hand but if i go close to Paddy he bats my hand so i drop the treat and then picks it up and runs off! If you go too close to him he hisses and runs off. He just wont come anywhere near us on in own.

when we had to put flea stuff on him we had to coral him into the bathroom and pin him down under a towel. it was awful. When he sits i do see his tail twitch, but i dont know why he would be so annoyed all the time when his brother is so relaxed.

Any tips on making him a bit more friendly would be most appreciated.

p.s i've gotten thru 2 lots of feliway diffuser and have seen no change...

Thanks in advance

Helen

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice