Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hissing after flea treatment

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by flora696, Sep 4, 2013.

1. flora696

flora696 PetForums Member

Is it usual for a cat to be hissing a lot after having advantage flea treatment applied? He has never done it before, I've never even seen him hiss before but he started within minutes last night and is still hissing at everything, even his toys and me!! I did google but it lead to potential blindness etc so I thought I'd come here for some sensible advice!!
    Thanks

2. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

I have never like spot on flea treatments and only use them when I feel it is absolutely necessary.
    I put Advantage on Wiggie a few months ago and he had an awful, instant reaction. He went wild and the skin on the back of his neck started to swell and blister alarmingly. Luckily I have a vet 3 doors down and galloped down there with him...he shaved the area and then washed the product off him, gave steroid shot to calm the reaction.

3. flora696

flora696 PetForums Member

Thank you for your input, I would appreciate some advice on what to use instead. I haven't really flead them that much really but they have started going out for a few hours in the garden and also I'm getting a new kitten next week so want to get into a good routine with them all.
    Thanks again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice