UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Our 5mth old golden retriever has been diagnosed with hip dysplasia. Looking at hip replacement costs I am seeing about 7k per hip!

Is this correct or are there any other places that you guys are aware of that are cheaper?

Thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't know of any where specifically, but have you tried phoning different vets in your area? My dog had to have an eye op and the cost was vastly different from one vet to the next. But do bear in mind cheapest doesn't necessarily mean the best care. I hope you manage to get it sorted

·
Registered
20,329 Posts
With one so young I would definitely ask if he can have very simple op of cutting the pectineal muscle. I think you would see an instant improvement at that age before any arthritis has set in. It is very cheap and easy, any vet can do it if they will agree to. It is literally a skin incision and cut a short section of the thick corded muscle you can feel inside the thigh. It can have excellent results and there is no after care. I have seen several done and had a collie of mine done with amazing and immediate results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts