Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

HiLife Cat Food

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Emma_Williams, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Emma_Williams

Emma_Williams PetForums Junior

Hi

I've heard it mentioned a few times and I was out in town today and saw packets in Wilkinson for about 45p and in Home Bargins the tiny tins were about 35p. Just thought I would let you all know as I've only heard people buying it on the internet. It may also be cheaper.

Also, is it ok to feed to a kitten? When I get my kitten in August I'd like it to have food with more meat than rubbish.

2. Saikou

Saikou PetForums VIP

They sell Hi Life in most major supermarkets, and P@H. They do a kitten version of the pouches, but if you compare that to the adult version there is probably not much difference. All my kittens get the adult version.

3. Emma_Williams

Emma_Williams PetForums Junior

Thats good to know. Thank you.
    Didn't know it was at supermarkets, sorry. Just thought it might help.

4. Ammy

Ammy PetForums Member

Is it ok to give kittens the adult version?? I'm buying separate kitten and adult hi-life food for my 2 babies (one is 18months, other is 13 weeks) and have a constant battle to get them to eat their own food. After the 10th time of swapping the bowls over I do start to wonder what the point is!!!!

5. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Kitten versions of most food contain extra nutrients & calories needed for their development & rapid growth, plus they're usually an easier texture/size to eat. I wouldn't get that hung up on it though if you're having problems - as long as they're eating good quality food, they'll be fine. Have you tried giving them warm diluted evaporated milk? They usually love that & it's good for them as long as it's diluted. :wink5:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice