Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

High street cat food

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Naomi Smith, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Naomi Smith

Naomi Smith PetForums Junior

Hi, apologies if there is already a thread for this!

I’ve seen the Zooplus thread and the best foods to order from there but was wondering if we could start a thread for quality foods you can get on the high street with possibly some lower cost options to rotate into the sometimes higher cost Zooplus foods?

Eric my older man has recently been on an elimination diet of Catz fine food purrrr kangaroo and loved it to start with. Unfortunately the elimination diet hasn’t worked though and we’re now going down other routes with him. I think he will eventually eat the kangaroo again but is clearly bored after 8weeks + of only that!

I’d like to feed a variety.

I’ve heard Sainsbury’s delicious recipes is good so have got him a few pouches of that to try. I’ve also picked up some James well beloved dry food grain free to feed as a bit of a treat as he used to be obsessed with his dry food when I adopted him (I know a lot of people hate it but I don’t intend to feed dry with every meal!)

What other options would people suggest? I’d like quite a few to feed him in rotation :)

2. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

From Pets at Home you can get ‘Meowing heads’, ‘Scrumbles’, ‘Seriously Good’, ‘HiLife’ - The chicken one. Wainwright’s, Nature’s menu & Little BigPaw.

The Sainsbury’s delicious is a good one and readily available.

chillminx likes this.
  3. Arny

Arny PetForums VIP

For the quality I've found zooplus much cheaper than anything you can buy in the shops.

For main meals I use zooplus foods (smilla, carny, macs, feringa, catz, bozita, wild freedom).
    For snacks I give the more expensive shop bought foods; sainsbury delicious, blink, natures menu country hunter, wellness core, thrive, canagan, little big paw, true instinct, lily's kitchen.
    That's what I can remember.

chillminx likes this.
  4. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

It's a good idea to try brands which are available from UK stores as Zooplus are going to be reducing their selection following Brexit. I think Webbox is quite good and it is smaller chunks which they seem to like. No grains or sugar in most varieties. Wouldn't like to use it all the time though, but they also like Meowing Heads and a bit of Catz Finefood.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice