Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

High Sided Cat Beds?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Bobbee, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Bobbee

Bobbee PetForums Junior

Hi,

We have a cave bed for our little cutie, but he won't get in it. He sits on top of it and squashes it down! But we want him to be warm. :D

Can anyone recommend a high sided bed that he would jump into, like the leopard cosy bed so that his body would be surrounded for warmth?

Thanks,

Bobbee

2. ella

ella PetForums VIP

3. Mummy of Jaffe Joffer

Mummy of Jaffe Joffer PetForums VIP

:rolleyes: typical cat behaviour they never use their beds how you intended them too. Jaffe doesn't like sleeping in anything with high sides as he likes to sprawl so we got a cat sofa which he wouldn't sleep in at first so we half covered it with a box and put it next to the radiator so that he can sprawl, have some cover and keep warm. He now sleeps in it every night :D

I would say I would watch where and how he sleeps and buy a bed that he is most likely to use and modernise it to how he likes it.

4. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

My girls love a radiator bed - preferably when the radiator is on but not too fussed :D - or the hammock bed on the cat tree. I have an open basket where they sleep in the kitchen and an enclosed one upstairs but the do prefer to be in the open - unless they're under my duvet of course :p
    I think all cats are different in the places they prefer to sleep - just go with what works best for you and your cat. I'm sure he would soon move if he wasn't cosy enough :)

5. Bobbee

Bobbee PetForums Junior

Hi,

Thanks all for your replies.

Much appreciated.

Coco is real curl up in a ball snuggle cat :)

I think I like something like Ella suggested.

Bobbee

6. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

I bought Cookie a radiator bed - she doesn't use it
    I bought Cookie an igloo - she doesn't use it
    I bought Cookie a nice high sided Danish design bed - yep you guessed it, she doesn't use it :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice