Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

High life wet sachets....grain free??

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Kittenfostermummy, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Kittenfostermummy

Kittenfostermummy PetForums VIP

Hi as the title say's does anyone know if the high life sachets are grain free or not? I don't think it has grain in it according to the ingredient list on the box but not 100% sure.

I have some grain free Porta 21 wet food that my cat won't eat, and a foster cat who has come with a box of high life so, if it was grain free I was going to swap sachet for sachet.

2. alixtaylor

alixtaylor PetForums VIP

3. Kittenfostermummy

Thank you, it contains tapioca but hopefully this won't make Bugs sick so I will try to see if Edith (the foster kitten) will eat the Porta 21 wet and Bugs will eat the highlife! So and so animals are driving me mad at the moment as Bugs is underweight but has decided he doesn't really want to eat his Arden Grange, I have to keep Lia out of the way behind a closed baby gate at feed times as she is on a restricted diet of Hills Z/D due to bowel issues and it is working perfectly so I don't want to rock the boat with her and Chewitts doesn't like this timed feeding and would prefer to graze which I can no longer do with Lia!!! ARGHHHHH lol

MoggyBaby likes this.
  4. alixtaylor

alixtaylor PetForums VIP

Ah! Missed the hidden grains! I assume from it's position on the ingredients list that it's just a small amount and probably just used to thicken or hold together the food.

I know the nightmare of fussy or special diet cats in a multicat household. We have separate feeding times and a food rota that is stuck on the kitchen fridge saying what to feed to whom on what day, split into morning/lunch/evening. Luna is allergic to beef, so can't be near any of Vivi's food containing beef or she will eat it and be very ill, Vivi isn't allowed Luna's shredded meat foods, as I don't want him to become too dependant on them like she is. NI venison is the only food I can feed them both atm... You have my sympathies!

Kittenfostermummy likes this.
  5. Kittenfostermummy

He pretty much refused the highlife!! SO I am going to be putting a zooplus order in on Tues, PAYDAY!!!! and I am going to buy him in the hope he will eat it .... http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/...catz_finefood/catz_finefood_trial_pack/364518 and I am also going to buy Lia some of the wet hills Z/D as she gets upset when I feet Bugs wet and wants wet herself, I made the mistake of letting her eat some of the Porta 21 wet food the other day and OMG her gut became the smelliest thing EVER again and her stool was quite loose so it is not fair on her (or my nose!!) to eat that as her tummy troubles make her feel quite low but it will be nice to feed her wet food as well!

6. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

KFM, tapioca is extracted from Cassava, a root vegetable, so is not regarded as a grain.:) However my 2 cats with sensitive tums don't get on with any foods containing tapioca. I see your boy refused the Hilife anyway!

If you are having logistical problems coping with different diets for different cats and making sure they don't eat each others food I can recommend Sureflap microchip feeders. I have two for my girls who like to eat their meals over a few hours, and they have been a godsend in stopping the boys from stealing the girls' food. :)

Kittenfostermummy likes this.
  7. Kittenfostermummy

chillminx that has crossed my mind but even with staff discount in work they are still £70 each and I just can not afford that sadly especially as I would need at least two if not three!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice