UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Polly is on tablets twice a day now. She can sniff out a tablet a mile off, so I need some ideas on how to hide them. At the moment I am hiding them by cutting off the top of a dental treat that she likes and poking them inside the treat, covering the top with a little bit of food. These are the only treats I can find big enough to do this, all other treats are too small. She is getting wise to this though and disappearing out the cat flap before I've even put it in her bowl. With 2 other cats I can't just leave it down for her. What do all of you with pill haters do? What tasty foods or treats are easy to disguise pills in? I tried cream cheese yesterday but she completely turned her nose up at that! I've tried hiding it in amongst her wet food, she ate around it!

G

·
My little dogs get pieces of pill, wrapped in roast chicken skin, or stashed inside an inch piece of chicken sausage. Cats are a pain. If the tabs can be frozen, they are supposed to smell less. If you go to a chemist, some can make up the meds in tablets flavoured in any flavour you like. You give them the prescription. Or they can do a solution to pour down rhe inside of a cheek.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.