Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hiding Biscuits

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by WaggyTail, Aug 13, 2009.

1. WaggyTail

WaggyTail PetForums Junior

Hi,

We just got our rescue dog this afternoon, a lab doberman cross, Honey. Age 1. We have settled her in fine and she seems relaxed and comfortable. We gave her a couple of biscuits after her dinner and she wouldn't eat them. She kept picking them up and carrying them around in her mouth then dropped them.

My partner was then stood in the garden and we have an area which is covered in slate. Honey picked up the biscuits and took them to a corner near the house wall and proceeded to place the biscuits down and buried them under a few slates. I wandered over and unburied the biscuits and she just looked at me. I then covered them over again.

We know that with a previous owner she also lived with another dog. Is this her way of protecting her treats?

2. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

My Chihuahua's do that esp Romey he will wonder around with ether biscuit of a crust and hide is from others..i remember one time i got into my bed and sat on on an old crusty crust!..:eek:

Yeah i think it is to hide from other dogs

3. WaggyTail

WaggyTail PetForums Junior

ah right, thought it might have been as she has lived with other dogs previously.

Hopefully she will learn to not hide her treats as no one will take them off her now. And i dont want crusty treats in my bed like your experience lol

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice