Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by maxpoppy123, Sep 2, 2013.

1. maxpoppy123

maxpoppy123 PetForums Newbie

Hi, I have a 12 year old bearded collie called Max. Hes having problems with his hind legs, finding it difficult to stand up. Also, his back bone is very prominent, and he seems to have lost weight over the last couple of weeks. He is eating and drinking ok, but he is having accidents, weeing in the house, when only just been outside. Does anyone have any answers to this, i know i need to take him to the vet, but just wanted to hear from anyone whos dog has the same problem, and if it serious. thanks

2. Knightofalbion

Knightofalbion PetForums VIP

A very warm welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about Max. It could be just arthritis & old age. Or it could be a degenerative illness e.g. early onset IVDD.
    Yes, he does need to see a vet.
    I would advise you to repost this in the 'Dog' section, in the 'Health' sub-section. We have lots of experienced and knowledgeable members who will be able to offer further advice and wise counsel.

#2 Knightofalbion, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  3. Bobbie

Bobbie PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome post this in the dog health section

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice