Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hi! Your advice please

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Joanne2412, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Joanne2412

Joanne2412 PetForums Junior

Hi

I have 3 children aged 8, 5 and 2 and i am looking to get a puppy. Can anyone recommend amedium to small sized dog which is good with children, I'm leaning towards getting a pup as I feel that it would be better for getting used to the children. Any ideas welcome. Thanks :)

2. hi and welcome.
    I dont really know too much about different breeds other than the breed i own which is a Rottweiler.
    Im sure someone on here can help though. which ever breed you decide make sure you do your homework and read up as much info as poss to make sure its the dog for you.

3. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hiya and welcome :D

4. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to PF..Think everyone is going to be bias towards there own pet as i would be myself, but a pup sounds like a good idea..;)

crazycrest likes this.
  5. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

hi ya and welcome ive got a westie . shes wonderful ,would recomend the breed
    julie xx

6. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Welcome to PF xxx

7. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to the forums.How about a toy or miniture poodle.:D:D

8. scosha37

scosha37 PetForums VIP

9. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome, I have a collie cross cav he is 12 years old I have never met a dog with such a lovely nature, he have had babies and children around him and he have never ever bitten once, he is so laid back, then I have a Shih Tzu named SukiSue she is 8 yrs old, and too have a wonderull nature, can be a bit iffy near new kids if they run up to her, will give a warning growl. But have never bitten, then there are my two little chihuahua's they are not suitable around little babies as they are so small and could get accidently hurt, on saying that there are many people who have them and no probs at all, you have to watch them, I havent had any probs with mine.
    Any breed you get will be good with kids as long as you bring them up ok and the children are not boistrous and too overpowering with it from the begining, which will make the puppy aggressive and you dont want that. I like the Bicheon Freise (havent spelt that right), Cavalier King Charles are stunning and good with kids. my daughter have one, and she is soo good. (I used to have one many years ago). Let us know what you choose ok.

10. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

what about a labrador? iv got a 13week old puppy and my daughter is 1 1/2years old she is the most loving natured pup iv had yet!! i did choose the quietest pup breeder told me she was a big sook so she was mine!!

11. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome our newest member is a Westie as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice