Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hi, my budgie's breathing is laboured

Discussion in 'Bird Health and Nutrition' started by Fiona C., Jan 30, 2019.

1. Fiona C.

Fiona C. PetForums Newbie

my budgie plumage is very 'puffed' and he seems generally unwell. He is clicking and tail bobbing, there is no discharge around his eyes, nose or beak and he is eating and drinking. The vet has said she needs to see him in the flesh (I took a video of him to the vet to show the problem) - my dilemma is that he will not be handled, even by those who love and look after him. the vet has warned me that handling him may cause his demise, but at the same time I cannot let him suffer. Is there anything I can give him to improve his condition without adding further stress to his situation.

2. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

I think despite the risk he really needs to see the vet. We are even less able to provide advise than your vet is.

Your vet may be able to evaluate your budgie without any or little handling. Leaving him distressed with laboured breathing is not nice for him.

Wishing him a speedy recovery.

3. Fiona C.

Fiona C. PetForums Newbie

thank you for your reply - he is seeing the vet today, hopefully, as you say, they will be able to diagnose/help him without too much handling.

kittih likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice