UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm just after a little bit of advice. I have a 3 year old Dalmatian Bitch (Lola) & last week got a 8 week old Dalmatian dog (Levi)... As you can all imagine my house is wild haha.
Problem being is that Lola keeps putting her full mouth around Levi's neck, her tail is wagging & it's in a playful manour, I don't think she's trying to strangle him but is this normal?? Levi doesn't seem to be too keen on it as he tucks his tail in between his legs. He jumps up to play with her & generally they're ok but when Lola plays she always ends up with her mouth round his neck?!
Someone PLEASE HELP!! I don't want this to effect the way Levi grows up
Thank You
Emma :confused:

·
Registered
10,788 Posts
Welcome to the forum, dear Emma.

It doesn't sound malicious. Probably just Lola letting Levi know she's 'top dog'. I expect it will fizzle out when Levi grows bigger and stronger.

G

·
Mayhap when playing Lola has had enough and Levi isn't getting the hint so she is making her point a bit more strongly! as a mother might do to a pup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies & advice... Im just not wanting this to effect his behaviour & for him to do it when he's bigger. It doesn't seem to be when Lola's 'had enough' as sometimes he's just minding his own business & she leaps over to play & then does it. Soon he's going to be bigger & hopefully her jaw won't fit round his neck. By god this is hard graft haha!
Thanks again x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.