Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hi im jo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by staffy_missy, Apr 23, 2011.

1. staffy_missy

staffy_missy PetForums Member

hi im jo and im new to pet forums. I have two 1 year old cats and a 11 week old staffy x labrador puppy. Any staffy x labrador puppy advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance x

2. xgemma86x

xgemma86x PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to the forums :) x

3. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

welcome to pf :D

4. whippetman

whippetman PetForums Junior

Hi Jo welcome, I am also a newbie, 3 cats and one dragon, but the dragon has gone to bed early to keep it warm for me lol.

5. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum,

6. staffy_missy

Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me x

7. ridgeback05

ridgeback05 PetForums Senior

welcome to the forum...

8. 2lisa2

2lisa2 PetForums VIP

hi and welcome :)

9. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome, we have many staffy and cross owners here who can help :001_smile:

10. jopetportraits

jopetportraits PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum.:D

11. Pheonix*Ella

Pheonix*Ella PetForums Junior

hi there,

Welcome!!!

I just joined too. I THINK I have a sfaffy x lab :)

Are my pics anything like yours? would love to see!

12. staffy_missy

thank you everyone :)

13. WallsendJan

WallsendJan PetForums Junior

Hi, I'm new too. I have one cat, with 4 newborn kittens. And a Doberman X who's a gentle giant.

14. staffy_missy

omg she really does! Apart from shes only 11 week old so shes tiny! Bless her. Shes very energetic and its harder as she only had her 1st injection saturday so we cant go for walks yet. I cant wait to be able to take her out and give us both some exercise :D how olden do you walk your dog? Do they need plenty of exercise this breed?? X

15. staffy_missy

hi, i also have cats too. I have two 1 year old cats 1st is cristal she is white and grey not sure what breed tho. The 2nd is summer she is tortois shell colour and half bengal. I also now have a 11 week old staffy x lab iv had he for 5 days now and shes settled in brillient. Shes gawjus

16. critter

critter PetForums VIP

Hi, welcome to the Forum, congratulations on your choice of dog! but I am biased because I've got an Irish Staffordshire, brilliant dog, he'll probably bite in play stop him doing this as soon as possible because it ceases to be cute and funny as he gets older!, those are powerful jaws!, you'll get a lot of support and good advice on the Forum I know I did, don't be afraid to post and ask questions and dont hesitate to join in any debates that are ongoing, If you can't get the answers you want in the Dog section then ask the same questions in the General section as some of the more knowledgeable members seem to spend most of their time on there, don't forget to post pictures of your pup as well!!. wayne.

17. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

18. staffy_missy

thank you she does bite alot i always tell her no! But she thinks im playing shes so powerful and her bites really hurt and shes only 11 week old so cant imagine what she is going to be like as an adult. Iv got her plenty of toys and chews i just dont know how to stop her :confused::confused:

19. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

I have chihuahuas so totally different in size lolol. The play biting is something you have to stop as you have a strong breed, they don't realise just how much their teeth hurt you when they are puppies, these puppies grown into big strong dogs and their bite will be much worse. Give him plenty of toys to chew on but not too small as he could get it lodged in his mouth, if you give him rawhide chews please keep an eye on him and as soon as it gets soggy throw it away as they can swallow and choke on them. I would take him for short walks at the moment as he is still a baby. You can buy Kongs from pet shops were you put some thing inside it and the dog licks and chew for ages trying to get it all out, I used to put peanut butter smeared inside and mine would like this for ever lolol
    If you go into Dog Section and put up a thread you will get alot of information there ok. xx

20. staffy_missy

thank you thats great advice :001_smile: i have never heard of kongs before but i know she would definetly love these :D at the moment it is harder as she had her first injection saturday so cant take her out for a while yet. I cant wait till i can give us both some exercise xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice