Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hi i just gota my frist cat.can you give me careing tips for her

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by bajaboy5b, Jul 10, 2009.

1. bajaboy5b

bajaboy5b Banned

she is 2 years old and just had babys at the RSPCA and is vary thin but now eats well so give me tips to care for her.

pics soon!!!!!!!!!:confused:

2. Cyberfyn

Cyberfyn PetForums VIP

Just plenty of love will do the job. Take it slowly, and give her plenty of space. She will be confused and maybe a little frightened too. Try giving her some grilled chicken by hand. It'll help the bonding process.

I have a 5B too :)

Ian.

3. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

I think that if she is very thin and just had kittens you could give her kitten food to build her up. Only for a month or so then gradually revert to normal cat food.

If she is very nervous you might want to try a feliway diffuser for a month or too - may or may not make a difference. Did for my cat, but he is in a multi cat household.

Otherwise go gently, lots of ltc. Cardboard boxes scattered around might help too because they are a hidey hole and also can be played in (and they are cheap). Try a Primark large paper carrier too.

4. thompsonk

thompsonk PetForums Member

Jut give her time and she will get used to you, I adopted a brain damaged cat from the RSPCA and she was really skitzy at first but now, 3months on shes all over me and shes my baby and she knows it! I spoil her rotten with treats like king prawns and chicken, she likes the odd digestive too! She will get used to you, you cant force it but soon she will not let you go to the loo in peace! xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice