Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hi! Hope to get some help soon

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by Brogan Birch, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Brogan Birch

Brogan Birch PetForums Newbie

Hi, I recently got a new aquarium around 80 to 90 litres, I left it to cycle for around 1 week, With filter median from my already established aquariums and I recently put a few new plants in and some lava rock and some stone (Not quite sure if it's name, Store bought and aquarium safe) but the tank seem to be quite dark and sort of gray looking despite a few water changes and advice on what it is?!?! Thank you for your time

2. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

May just be a bacterial bloom, which usually makes the water look hazy/cloudy. My only other thought is did you wash the rocks before adding them?

Brogan Birch likes this.
  3. Brogan Birch

Yea I washed the rocks thoroughly before placing them in the tank, I'll see if I can provide a photo. Sorry in the photo it isn't quite visible but it now has a grayish green tinge, The fish all seem to be acting fine and energetic as usual though

Attached Files:

4. Brogan Birch

Sorry didn't know if I replied or not I'm new to this site but if it says I did already sorry but yea my post should be above.

5. magpie

magpie PetForums VIP

I reckon bacterial bloom, it's nothing to worry about and it will go away on it's own but does sometimes take a little while. Have you tested the water to check that all the parameters are good? And just to be sure, you are aware that goldfish won't be able to live in that sized tank for long? They will outgrow it pretty fast :)

6. Brogan Birch

Ahh okay well thanks for the help, I'll check the parameters and if they come back good I'll just hope for the best, But yea I know about the goldfish growing too big this is my third tank since I bought them at around an inch in size But hey thank you for the help and time.

magpie likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice