Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hi from another newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Momo12, May 29, 2010.

1. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Hi my name is Mo and am new to this site, found it a couple of weeks ago when looking for info for my pregnant cat 'Geri', I know mating took place on 1st April (no it wasn't an April fools joke) so figure we are on day 59.
    Never had a pregnant cat before and the only reason we have done this is because Geri had a sister called Nandie and they had been together since birth, we got them when they were 10 weeks old, unfortunatley we lost Nandie on March 17th this year after she had been attacked by a dog or something similar, which was very very emotional, after trying to save her for 10 days and spending over £800 on vet fees, nonetheless no amount of money or time could save her, Geri has missed Nandie since and has been 'lost' so we decided rather than get another kitten/cat we would let her have her own litter and keep 1 or 2 of them for company for her then she will be spayed most definately, anyway I digress, am quite anxious about the birth etc and my daughter told me this morning the mother can become quite aggressive towards her kittens and even kill them can anyone confirm this, and should we just leave her to it or should we help her, everything is ready for her, birthing bed, towels,floss etc but not sure about any of it so any help would be gratefully appreciated. Many thanks.

2. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Hiya :) I cant help with the pregnancy but someone will. Maybe post this in the cat breeding section too ?

3. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

oh ok thanks for that.

4. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

Waterlily sorry to be a pest could you tell me why my profile picture is not showing on posts.

5. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

you need to upload an avatar your profile pic only stays on your page. In your edit profile section it will have a section for avatar and signatures etc :)

6. Momo12

Momo12 PetForums Member

oh wow you know I just figured that out am so dense sometimes think its an age thing tho thanks so much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice