Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hi everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jenna Paulsen, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Jenna Paulsen

Jenna Paulsen PetForums Newbie

Hi, everyone, hope everyone is staying safe!! My name is Jenna and I have a 13month old Saluki (never owned this breed of dog before) I got him because his owner ditched him and I took him before he went to kennels or to an awful person. I am his 4th AND LAST HOME in such a short life so I just need some advice on this type of dog because I have no clue and I'm really concerned with his weight :'( No matter what I give him he just doesnt put weight on? When I first got him he plumped up loads as he looked seriously starved, worse than he does now tbf but he was put weight on once I got him n then after about a month it just dropped off him again, I'm really worried something is wrong and obviously I haven't been able to get him to vets obviously with the lockdown stuff and they are only taking emergencies atm so I'm stuck on what to do!!! HELP!!! One Very WORRIED pooch owner :(((

2. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Hi Jenna , Welcome to PF. :) i would ask you question in the dog section .

3. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome:)

4. Jenna Paulsen

Hi Hun sorry for late reply, still trying to figure out how this works haha! Yes ask me anything hun

kimthecat likes this.
  5. Jenna Paulsen

Thank you hun

6. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Opps . Sorry, that was a typo.:oops: I meant to put "ask your question in the dog section."

Not many members read this section so they might not see your post.

It is very worrying when a pet loses weight. I dont really know the answer to be honest. If had been wormed and he is eating and drinking and going to the toilet ok and is lively then perhaps it will be ok to wait a little while longer before you see a vet .

Well done for adopting an unwanted dog.

#6 kimthecat, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  7. Jenna Paulsen

How do i do that ? Hahaha! Useless with these things haha! It wasnt really an adoption so to speak I literally just took him no questions asked, I just knew he didnt belong in kennels or in an awful home! Not on my watch!! X

8. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Ok. you can do it the same way you started this thread.

If you go back to the main page, (click on Home at the top of the page) and scroll down until you find the dog section . Click on Dog Health and Nutrition and then click on Post New Thread on the right hand side near the top of the page. Fill in the title and then your query . Scroll down and click on Create Thread and it will post .

Hope that helps :)

9. Jenna Paulsen

Ok Fab hun thank you! I'll post something now! I'm 28 and useless with technology, websites you name it hahaha!

kimthecat likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice