UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all my name is angie and i'm new to pet forums. i have 9 children 2 grandchildren, and two golden retrievers :smilewinkgrin: i have just found out jess one of my dogs is going to have pups around 23july its the first litter can anyone give me any advice on looking after her during this time please

·
Registered
27,670 Posts
I have a Chihuahua who was pregnant and was advised by vet to feed her a good quality puppy food as it have all the vitamins and suppliments needed for her pregnancy. I dont know if that would be the same for a bigger dog breed, I would thinki so. My dog didnt look pregnant until the last three weeks then she blew up like a balloon, she had two pale cream pup's two weeks ago, one male and one female. I was told not to give her any calcium supplements as it would make the puppys bone grow and could make delivery difficult, again this may not apply to your size dog. You will be better off looking up on the internet as you can find so much information. Good luck to you and your dog. xx

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Hi angie welcome to PF you might get a better response if you post in dog breeding section about your dog and the puppies.

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
hi and welcome to the forums hope you enjoy it :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.