Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hi everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by melanie, Feb 19, 2008.

1. melanie

melanie PetForums Junior

:) Hello everyone my names melanie owner of Smudgeberty smudge for short. Smudge is a pointer, beagle springer cross, she will be 10 in may. At the end of November last year she had an operation to remove a lump from one of her teats, one on her back and one on her neck. The results came back that the one on her teat was cancer, i was devistated, the vet said they had removed it all, but to be sure it didnt come back he advised to have all her mammeris removed, which is an expensive operation and a big one. The vet coulndnt guarantee that it may have spread to her lungs, so then the op would be pointless. She has a pea like lump on another teat which shes had for a few years but the vet said leave it unless it gets bigger, she also has two other lumps one on her side and one on her neck which could be fatty lumps. In herself shes lively eats well as silly as ever, im torn between having her operated on her letting nature take its course and let her be happy while she can, its so hard to decide what to do for the best i just want her to live forever. Anyway lets not get morbid, about me i just love animals, especially dogs, i like camping, walking and alcohol and Johny depp. Well there you go hello everybody .

2. LousKoonz

LousKoonz PetForums VIP

Bless :( sorry to hear smudge and you are going through that x

But welcome to the forum x

3. carol

carol PetForums VIP

hi and welcome to the forum

i know what your going through my old boy had troubles as well, he was 11 1/2
    we decided to not have the op done, he had bone growth touching the spinal cord 50 50 if was going to be ok or not and then there was his age as well as it would have been a mayor op for him and if we left it, it could get worse and unable to op.
    its a hard deciding what to do for the best about your dog.
    could you xray her to see if its in her lungs firstly.

4. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

hello and welcome, so sorry about your dog,,, its heartbreaking,, but im sure you will do whats best for your dog,,,,,

5. bordercolliepup

bordercolliepup PetForums Senior

Hello and welcome to the forum, Sorry to here about Smudgeberty it sounds like hes got all the love he needs

6. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

hello and welcome to the forum:) sorry to hear about your dog I know how hear breaking it is

ps I also like animals alcohol and johny depp :)

7. Bodwad

Bodwad PetForums Junior

Hello and good luck with whatever decision you make. Its hard to decide whats best so you just have to follow your gut instinct. Nobody lives forever, its all about enjoying the time that we have ;)

8. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome along to the forum

9. englishrose943

englishrose943 PetForums VIP

Sorry about smudge an welcome to the forum. Theres lots of friendly people on hear to help you if you need advise or anything just give us a yell. ;)
    Michelle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice