Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hi everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by carol, Nov 3, 2007.

1. carol

carol PetForums VIP

hi how is every one
    ive just joined and thought i'd say hi :)

im a animal lover all type's at the mo i have 6 dallys 7 puppy dallys [ dalmatians]
    1 tri boarder collie
    5 ferrets, a cat
    i think thats it all but could change

oh i also have friends dogs to stay as im licenced too

:)

2. DiamondDust

DiamondDust PetForums Junior

Hi, i bet your life is hectic, dalmations are lovely i would love to get a puppy one day but with all my cats i am not sure if they could handle it x

3. bullyb

bullyb PetForums VIP

hi and welcome! :)

4. carol

carol PetForums VIP

hi
    its not as mad as you would think people surprised when they come in after they all said hello they go back o sleep or want cuddles

oh my oldest sprinkle i brought this cat in i found half dead and he helped nurse it back to health trouble was the cat skippy [as found in one] thought she was a dog.

sadly she died few years back.

5. DiamondDust

Oh sorry to hear about your poor cat :( maybe when i have a larger house to accomerdate all of my bengals i can get myself a dog, how would you say dalmations are with cats?

6. carol

carol PetForums VIP

there fine we have a cat
    as long as you get a young dog or one from rescue that used to cats there be fine together,

myself i would get a young puppy that way you know it will learn to like cats some rescue ones you can never be to sure if they do like cats or not

7. DiamondDust

we were thinking of a westie puppy at one point but i decided against it as my partner had 3 in his previouse relationship and the dos hated his cats, but i would definatly get a puppy not an older dog, i am very weary of going to rescue homes i got an all white cat Duncan from the RSPCA they said he was good with other cats, so we brought him home, and he was fine for 2 days then he went mad attacked all the cats and pulled chunks of hair out of my poor boy when i called them for help a month later after trying everything to sort the problems out, i was told that they could not help me for 7 weeks and that i could not take him to any other shelter to help as he was from them, lets just say after that experience i wont do shelter again,

8. carol

carol PetForums VIP

hi thanks bullyb
    i like this site not meny place's just about pets

9. carol

carol PetForums VIP

thats the trouble i found with rescue place's they do great jobs but every thing is differnet in a home, pet change behavour when there rehomed ok the take them to behavourist but in a centre is different,

a friends is a well known trainer and he see's it all the time one lady i helped with she got this little boarder terrier from rescue they told he's not over keen on other dog's ok they didnt tell her he fights with others dogs this happened after he got settled in luckly my friend sorted it out

10. DiamondDust

so glad it got sorted i cried my heart out when i took Duncan back and all they did is tut at me as if i was doing the wrong thing, little did they know i had paid out fortunes on Feliway, i'd gone right back to basic's and it was a total nightmare!! but i do agree they do help an awful lot, and they do so much good, its just a shame there is no way of knowing what they are like out side of the centre,

11. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

Howdo & welcome!
    :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice