Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hi everyone i'm a newbie and need help

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kim needs help, Jun 4, 2010.

1. kim needs help

kim needs help PetForums Newbie

as the name suggests i am Kim and i need help. but thats on my other post of last night.
    i have 2 kittens 8weeks nearly 9, Jess and Willow.
    i have a 2yr old son, Alfie.
    i'm not a cat person, i love dogs. i mean i've grown up with Rottweilers all my life and Rottweiler X Allsations. so i'm not very good with cats and cats aren't very good with me.
    I almost regret getting the kittens last sunday and i don't want to feel like that.

does it get easier??? how much did everyone pay for their kitten injections and neutering (for girls just don't know how to spell it.)

i would be very grateful if anyone can help
    Kim
    xxx

2. Montys_Mum

Montys_Mum PetForums Member

Hi :)
    We have 1 puppy and 6 cats (5 female and 1 male). Cost for neutering will depend on the vet you go to really. I can't remember how much ours were, if I had to guess I'd assume around the £100 mark. Females are more expensive.

Looking after kittens is much easier than training a puppy :) Having done it many times I am happy to help if you have any other queries on them, having house trained them all, as well as trained them to know where their home is and how to use a cat flap, and kept them of worktops etc :)

3. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Hello ....Just wondered why you have 2 kittens if you're not a cat person? I'm bit confused :confused:

#3 Cleo38, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  4. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome to the forum.

My cats are 14 years old so I can't remember how much i paid and to be fair it would be different now. It's just the same as with pups they have a growing up period to go through and then they settle in to a routine.

5. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

6. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Hiya :D.............

7. kim needs help

kim needs help PetForums Newbie

thank you all for the kind welcome :)

no i'm not a cat person because i was a wimp when i was little and a cat scratched me. plus my Granma, who i'm really close to, has had so many Rottweilers that i'm just a dog person, plus i had a dog at my mum's until she passed 2years ago, just after i moved out, i do still miss my Ellie so much, she was a rotty/allsation. (i can't spell that well) so the only reason why i'm not a cat person is because i've grown up around dogs.

i thought i could grow to love them, as them me. and we are getting close. even though i'm bit worried about willow as she so weary of everyone, she'll play at a distance, but when it comes to anyone stroking her she's very timid.

thanks for the kind welcomes
    xxx

8. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome!:thumbup:

9. Cedar

Cedar PetForums VIP

Hello Kim,
    I have had cats all through my life and I think you will find it well worth persevering with your kittens. They are often more timid than puppies and the more gently you handle them the better. Just give them time to get used to you and be quiet and calm around them. Once you have gained their trust, you will be rewarded with wonderful companions! Good luck!

Knightofalbion and Lurcherlad like this.
  10. Knightofalbion

Knightofalbion PetForums VIP

Nice post, dear Claire.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice