Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Hi everyone I’m newish. I have a 16 week old Springer (she’s my 5th) still have number 4 too.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sue Hankin, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Sue Hankin

Sue Hankin PetForums Newbie

Hi I’ve read the threads for toilet training but my pup seems oblivious to training. I take her outside but older dog goes too and she thinks it’s just playtime, I’ve tried lock-in other dog in but she then wants to go back too and just wees. She’s never pooped outside and I’m beginning to despair of her toileting. Do I remove pads she usually weed in the vicinity of them not always actually on them help please. Thanks

2. DamKri

DamKri PetForums Junior

Hey when you see your dog sniffing around and smelling take her outside (have the pad ready outside where ever you want her to pee) keep the other dogs inside. I have bought a spray from pets at home, you basically spray on the pad that gives off an odour for pets to think they need to wee. Once she has finished her wee praise her in a high pitched voice like you would for your child and give her a treat. The first couple of times will be difficult as it's new to her. But stay with her outside until she has done it. Ensure there are no distractions around as this will be a barrier.

3. DamKri

DamKri PetForums Junior

Times for wees and poos (make sure you take her out straight away) are:
    After waking up
    After eating
    After play
    Every 2 to 3 hours (write down times she did it so you know her average time)
    Good luck !

4. niamh123

niamh123 PetForums Senior

Hello and welcome

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice