Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hi everyone-boxer puppy wanted can you help??

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by amanda2522, May 20, 2010.

1. amanda2522

amanda2522 PetForums Newbie

hi everyone,

i'm new to this site from today..i'm not having much luck at the moment. i'm looking for a boxer puppy that is either free to a good home(which is highly unlikely i know) or at a low price.
    ive looked on all the sites and have recieved many emails and we didnt find out till last minute that they weren't infact real..not sure where is safe to use anymore as you dont know who they are.
    we have had boxers in the past and we are very experienced in looking after them.
    We would absolutely love to get a boxer puppy as soon as possible.
    **IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME?**

2. hawksport

hawksport Banned

With all the health problems in boxers I would expect a cheap boxer puppy to work out very expensive

3. amanda2522

yes, thats the problem,however i don't have the funds to go out and spend over £500 on a puppy. not sure what else i can do???:):confused::

4. hawksport

hawksport Banned

How about an older dog from rescue at least you wouldn't be supporting bad breeding practises

5. amanda2522

the only thing that puts me off getting a boxer from a rescue centre is there is so much red tape and long process to go through..also some centres dont know the background..if i could get a puppy we could then train it and neutre it from the start!!..do you know of any breeders at all?:)

6. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

7. hawksport

hawksport Banned

I know lots of breeders I have just spent nearly a year finding a puppy for a freind but non of them are cheap.

8. Danielle P

Danielle P PetForums Member

If you want a healthy, happy puppy you have to put the time and commitment into it. eg rescue home checks.

There plenty of cheap pedigree pups around, go to any puppy farmer but itll end up costing you a lot more in the long run.

Youre better off saving up a couple of hundred more and buying a quality boxer puppy.
    Best place and only sites that checks advertisers is the perfect pup.

Type 'perfect pup' into Google, its the first site that comes up.

Please be careful and please dont contribute to BYB, puppy farmers or a bad brreders pockets.

9. amanda2522

THANKYOU TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR ADVICE..MUCH APPRIOATED! I HAVE MANAGED TO RAISE A BIT MORE FUNDS AND NOW HAVE £230..DO YOU THINK I CAN GET A BETTER QUAILTY PUP FOR THAT COST?:) :thumbup:

10. Danielle P

Sorry to say but I dont think so, not a healthy well bred pup anyway.

Check out the rehoming centres or boxer rescues.

11. hawksport

hawksport Banned

You have three choices
    1 Wait untill you have saved around £700 for a puppy from health tested parents
    2 Find a young dog in rescue. Some come with a history, I have just had a dog come for training from rescue that came with a full history and kc papers.
    3 Buy a cheap dog, take a big risk on its health and encourage its breeders to breed more

Before you take option 3 take a look on the boxer forums and see how many boxers are dying of dcm at an early age.

Less than a week after this photo was taken the 3 year old dog at the back dropped dead on a walk. He had shown no sign of illness and had only just been at the vet for his boosters and annual check
    [​IMG][/IMG]

12. Danielle P

There are bound to be young boxers or puppies in a rescue somewhere looking for a good home.

Boxer Dog Rescue and Welfare - ukboxerdogs

A lot of dogs in rescue are not problem dogs or have health problems, some people just give dogs for good reasons.

Please be a responsible owner and dont contribute to the massive problems we have already with puppy farms, health problems and bad breeders.

Take a look at link to see where a £250 pup would come from.
    http://www.purplecontracts.com

13. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

If you do get a pup, I hope that you will insure it as vets bills for urgent care can work out at well over £230 ;)

14. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Welcome to our friendly forum, hope you have a good look around and get to know the place, dont be shy to put up a thread or ask questions. Have fun.

15. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

hiya :D..........

16. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Trouble is if you have only just managed to 'raise £230' what are you going to buy food, bedding, bowls, leads, vaccinations, wormers, de-flea medication etc. etc. with??

Don't mean to sound horrible but maybe getting a puppy on that kind of budget isn't the best thing to do?

My pups food cost £17 a bag, insurance £24 a month, vaccinations £32 each, wormers £2 each............ it isn't cheap now a days to have a pupster so it isn't just the cost of buying the pup that you need to take into account really.

Sorry :(

CarolineH likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice