Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hi, Does anyone else have a blind pet?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Taylors Petfoods, May 21, 2010.

1. Taylors Petfoods

Taylors Petfoods PetForums Junior

Hi,
    I have a cat called 'sammy'. We got him as a kitten and soon realised he was blind. He is an amazing animal who has adapted to his condition amazingly. He can walk around our house fairly quickly and can even chase a ball using his ears. Its truely inspireing.
    Does anyone else have a blind pet? How do they get on?

2. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

I have a half blind dog, a fully blind dog and a one eyed gerbil. Also used to have a one eyed fish but it died :(

My blind dog gets around fine, it's amazing how they manage isnt it!

my other dog and my gerbil dont really have any problems as they have half their eyesight, my gerbil does have to run round in a little circle to be able to see you though :thumbup: i love her to bits!

I would have no hesitation in taking on a blind pet again in the future, they are great and really no trouble at all, we've not had any difficulties with Ruby, just have to watch you don't change the furniture around too often though cos she gets used to the layout. She can also go up and down the stairs without a problem, albeit a bit slow lol :)

3. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Welcome to our friendly forum, hope you have a good look around and get to know the place, dont be shy to put up a thread or ask questions. Have fun.

Post this question in the Cat secton were you will get lots of replies ok :thumbup:

4. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

hiya :D............

5. metame

metame PetForums VIP

hiya an welcome!

6. sher142

sher142 PetForums Newbie

Got an old donkey who is very nearly blind, just have to make sure we don't leave anything in a daft place, she follows her friend around and finds her feed bucket with her chin!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice