Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hi does anybody know the signs of luxating patella in chihuahua?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by codyann, Apr 1, 2011.

1. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

hi ive been looking online for symtoms of luxating patella but cant find any can anyone find any or have and info on it please.

2. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

next time your at the vets, ask then to have a feel..Mavis has a slight one..one of her symptoms is the odd hop when she is walking..if you really suspect that she has one...if you have not got insurance i would get it now;)

3. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

roxi allways hopps when shes walking and i didnt think anything of it and i have been looking around i suspect that she has it but i will be going to the vets to double check, does it affect marvis at all? and you have georgeous dogs they are one of my favorite breeds :D

4. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

aww..thanks hun...no she doesn't seem to bother so much with it except the hopping ,...but of late she does seem to walk with her leg slightly turned in..not sure if this is because of the knee cap:confused: perhaps it worsens as they get older ?? she is now six

i depends what grade it is if they need to operate .

just been having a google and it say's that in Chihuahua's it can be inherited...this is also the case for bullterriers

good luck with the vets...my vet found Mavis's right away , just by moving the leg xx
    here is the link i was looking at just incase you have not come across it xx

Patellar Luxation

juex

5. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

thanks ill have a look ive read that thats the second stage what marvis has got poor girl. ill go vets and find out about it :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice