Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

hi could i get some help advice please

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by debodeebs, May 16, 2010.

1. debodeebs

debodeebs PetForums Junior

hi all i mentioned this in my intro but thought it would be better asking in here.

my american bulldog is 11 week old and is skinny you can see his ribs. i took him to vets 3 week ago to get his first injection and they said he is not 8 week old they said he looks about 6 and should be twice the size he was then at 8 week. they wormed him for me which was 3 week ago and now 3 weeks later he is taller but still skinny.

i feed him 4 times a day on wagg dry food which is what the vets said. could anyone please advice me on how i can get my ab looking beefy and healthy like the other ab puppys in the same litter. there was 13 and 5 were like mine and the rest were pretty beefy.

thanks in advance and much apreciated

2. Broxi_jim

Broxi_jim PetForums Senior

I wouldn't use wagg food on an american bulldog !!
    I seen a few with skin disorders and dodgy tums. I'm not saying that it will happen with your bulldog..but just watch out.

I used to feed wagg for 2yrs to our 2..but changed over to CSJ and both dogs are doing brilliant on it.

What food was the breeder feeding the pup before you picked him/her up ???

Here is the puppy foods...
    Natural Puppy - CSJ Original Dog Food - CSJK9 Ltd.
    CP27 (Puppy) - CSJK9 Ltd.
    Natural Little Champ! (Puppy) - CSJK9 Ltd.

Read the comments, and even call and ask them what they would advise for your dog. But remember not all dogs will like the same food.
    And don't change the pups food every month or so, as all you'll get is loose stools and dodgy bellies !!

Hope this helps.

3. debodeebs

hi thanks i will get him of wagg asap then but how would you feel putting your dog on barf food as i hear thats exellent.

4. Broxi_jim

Barf..I never tried. But have heard lots about it.
    I wanted to try it. But the missus wasn't too keen.

Try and get onto a breed specific forum as well.
    They will have lots more knowledge about the breed.

I'm on American Bulldog (UK) Home as well.

Even though ziggy isn't a full ambull. I find it intresting to read about them. And understand the characteristics of the breed as I'm gonna get one a few years down the line.
    But be preparred to get told a few home truths about certain breeders / lines / etc etc..As some people think they know more than others !!!
    But if the breed is better for the truth coming out. Then I'm all for it

5. debodeebs

ok mate thanks for your help it was much apreciated:thumbup:

6. julianne

julianne PetForums Member

7. debodeebs

can anyone tell me a place thats local around nottingham that does dry food thats just as good as barf. i want the best for him thats not too expensive. something that does well for his bones and thighs and coat.

my local petshops only due wagg. bakers and pedigree but nothing special like the ones you guys tell me about.

there are some good ones on the Pets at Home - where pets come first website but i dont know which one is gd or bad due to me only knowing about wagg which i got told was brilliant but its clearly not lol.

8. Broxi_jim

Like I said, this is what I feed our 2 !!
    CSJ Original Dog Food - CSJK9 Ltd.
    I feed them the natural champ..and 30kgs last a month between the 2 of them. £26.35 delivered to me in Glasgow
    I give them tuna / sardines and some chicken breast every now and then as an extra treat. And both dogs are doing great on it.

Even our 4yr old rottie who was a grumpy Moo is thriving on it. And she's full of energy now, where as all she wante dto do was walk along beside you..and not play with our dogs !!!

I'll try and get a few pic's later of of them all playing together.
    But trying to avoid getting hit buy a rottie..bullmastiff x ambull..ambull and husky is something you need to think about whilst trying to take pic's..:scared:

9. debodeebs

ok ill order online then i was just hoping they do them in shops local. ye it would be great to see some pics

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice