UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My name is Alex and I'm a student at Solent University.

For my journalism course I have to write an article on animal rescue. I've set up a day to volunteer down at my local shelter, but I was wanting to speak to a few people who had adopted their pets from a shelter rather than buying from a breeder or someone else. My two cats are from a breeder so I have no experience of animal adoption myself.

I'm looking for people aged between 18-30 (the demographic of our magazine), who have adopted an animal from a shelter. It doesn't matter what animal it is either.

If anyone could contact me that would be great. Just reply to this post or send me a message.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Hello and welcome! :)

I'm would love to help you with your article, but I'm not in the age group you're looking for. However, I have adopted animals from shelters in the past and I still do today, if I'm looking for a pet to adopt.

I adopt from shelters because these animals need homes too! As far as I'm concerned, the animals in these shelters are usually checked by a vet, vaccinated, and have had the medical care they need, unless, of course, the animal has a lifetime medical health problem, that would be up for the new owners like myself to keep up for the health and life of the animal. The dogs I've adopted are seen by a dog behaviorist and trained by professionals too. All the care that go into these animals, I think the adoption fees are reasonable too!

Well, that's enough for now.

Again, welcome!:)

·
Registered
10,788 Posts
Welcome to the forum, dear Alex.

Good luck with your article.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.