Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hi All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JAYSKY57, Nov 27, 2012.

1. JAYSKY57

JAYSKY57 PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone, everybody calls me Jay. I am the proud owner of the most beautiful puppy, a cross between a Yorkshire Terrier and a Bichon Frise and they think that the Father was a **** tzu. We got her from a Rescue Centre, well the mother was the rescue dog, and whilst in care 4 little darlings were born. On the 2nd August, as beautiful as she is, she is a little terror,I have had 2 dogs before but never one with this aggressive streak. We have got a puppy trainer for this one. I was just going through the internet and asked a question and this web site came up.

she is now nearly 18 weeks old and I am totally confused as to whether she should be on 2 or 3 meals. I have been feeding her that Royal Canin vet food, and not sure whether she has just gone off it, or time to reduce meal intake.

Perhaps someone could help. Sorry also realise I am now on wrong page.

Nice to meet you all

Jay

2. Knightofalbion

Knightofalbion PetForums VIP

Welcome to the forum, dear Jay.

3. Train A Puppy

Train A Puppy PetForums Junior

Hello and welcome Jay!

She may just have a small appetite. If she doesn't seem hungry try two meals a day. She will soon let you know if she wants more! :smile5:

4. JAYSKY57

Thankyou for your reply, I was wondering if this was the problem, I have just put her lunch down and sort of looked at it, had a couple mouthfuls, then walked away.

I wondered if it was the food, she was on Royal Canin dry food for puppies, from the vet's, then somebody advised me to try Hill's so fed her with 10g of the new one and 40g of the old.

Oh how confusing, you wouldn't think we had, had a puppy before.

I will look on your link.

Thankyou for replying

Best wishes

Jay

5. hawksport

hawksport Banned

Here are some facts on EEC pet food regulations for those that would rather not believe everything they read on scaremongering sites

Petfood plants can only use certain category 3 animal by-products.
    Plants manufacturing petfood must be approved in accordance with Article 24 of Regulation
    (EC) 1069/2009 and Article 19 of Regulation (EC) 142/2011.

Article 10 of Regulation (EC) 1069/2009 defines category 3 animal by-products. Category 3
    materials are low risk materials. Category 3 material includes parts of animals that has been
    passed fit for human consumption in a slaughterhouse but which are not intended for
    consumption

http://www.defra.gov.uk/publications...ols-111130.pdf

6. hawksport

hawksport Banned

If you read it properly they aren't talking about EEC countries.
    Personally I wouldn't take too much notice of anything PETA has to say.

#6 hawksport, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  7. JAYSKY57

Hi Eduardo,

Oh my god, YUK!!!!!!!! I will look at your web site, what do you feed your dogs, I am certainly considering letting Suki eat our food, because that article was disgusting. I must admit that she does seem to go hypo after every meal and this has been a consideration of mine, so many choices of food, I buy a an expensive one, and wondered if I was wasting my money some £15 and some £2.34, the typical question, WHICH ONE.

Thankyou for your insight. She is calming down a little, we have a dog trainer who has helped us considerable with her barking, she's is now 17 weeks old. Hopefully the worse will be over soon. Kind Regards Jaysky

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice