Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hi all ....new dog

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ukgray, Nov 24, 2012.

1. ukgray

ukgray PetForums Newbie

Hi I have been saying to my daughters how I would like a dog for company when the wife is away and also to give me some much needed exercise well today was my birthday and low and behold they turned up with a eleven month old cross breed :eek:(the previous owner didn't have time for him ) me and my wife were gob smacked .Now I am wondering can I manage will I be able to take care of him its such a commitment :confused:
    any advice greatly received :mellow:

2. meganbeth

meganbeth PetForums Newbie

dogs are great company and really get you out and about. Although I think it would perhapes have been better if they had discussed it with you first. It is a big commitment.
    Have you ever had dogs before. Do you know anything about this dog. Is it house trained, is it still chewing things.

3. Gertrude

Gertrude PetForums VIP

Oh I bet you'll just love the very bones of him in a day or two and wonder how you ever lived without him?!

I agree with meganbeth that your girls should have found out if you were serious about a dog first, but maybe you did give them the impression that you were?

Please come back to tell us more and we'd love some photos too xx

4. AngelEyes92

AngelEyes92 PetForums Senior

Pictures are compulsory :p

I do agree with the above comments though, it is a huge commitment, but if you wanted a dog then I'm sure you'll find a way to cope. Do you know what breeds he is? What's his name?

5. Knightofalbion

Knightofalbion PetForums VIP

Welcome to the forum. And happy birthday! Hope you've had a great day.

I think the dog will be a wise move. A friend and companion, and the exercise you'll get from taking him for walks will do you the power of good!

6. sligy

sligy PetForums Senior

Happy Birthday

Dogs are such great company, you sound like you have given it quite a bit of thought before your birthday so i am sure you will be fine.

Good luck with your new dog and happy birthday :D

7. porchpotty

porchpotty PetForums Member

Belated happy birthday! I hope you had a grand celebration.

Well, owning dogs requires much commitment. There are a lot of things that you should know and be familiar with in order to make your dog happy, healthy, well-behaved and for you to enjoy each other's company.

8. ukgray

ukgray PetForums Newbie

I thanks for all the comments he's a jack Russell cross sheltie he is 11 months old and his name is Dash they said he was house trained but only one accident up to now he loves his toys and likes his walks his first night he would not sleep in his bed so he slept outside our bedroom door (wife wont let him in there)
    Hopefully he will sleep in his bed tonight here's hoping will post a picture

Attached Files:

9. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

He looks like a character, I hope all goes well for you both........Get some good wet weather clothes. Good luck, enjoy your new companion.

10. Train A Puppy

Train A Puppy PetForums Junior

Hello and welcome.
    He looks fab. I have a Jack Russell crossed with a corgi, and he is such a character! You will have so much fun with him.
    Good luck with the settling in, and chat soon!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice