Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hi All, hopeful new chihuahua owner here!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nicnak, May 9, 2017.

1. Nicnak

Nicnak PetForums Junior

Hi

I just wanted to introduce myself. We are awaiting a home check from the RSPCA in relation to rehoming a 6 month old chihuahua. It's been 3 days since we reserved him but haven't heard anything yet. Fingers crossed it's soon and that we pass, although I have fears over our garden.

I have been doing my research even though I'm quite an experienced dog owner (never hurts to learn more!, and I've read that chihuahuas are hard to toilet train? I spent an hour with our boy at the RSPCA in Sunday and within 15 mins of teaching him 'sit' he picked it up no problems. I think he's pretty smart. What are other people's experiences, and in general with the breed?

Look forward to chatting and I can't wait to get my boy home :) already totally in love.

Nic

2. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Good luck, I hope you get him! ;)

Don't know much about the breed but with patience and consistency you should be able to get him toilet trained without too much stress.

I think the time if year will help - no freezing cold, wet and windy nighttime trips to the garden! ;)

3. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Welcome Nicnak,
    i hope you don't have to wait too long for your home check. If you dont hear in a couple of days , I would ring them.
    Our local RSPCA is run by mainly volunteers and it gets very busy and sometimes things get over looked,

I would post in the dog chat section about house training etc as more people will see it .

4. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Welcome :)

Hope the homecheck happens soon and you get your boy.

5. bogdog

bogdog PetForums Senior

Good luck and hope you enjoy a long and happy life together.

6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

[​IMG] to PF

Hope all goes well with the home check, look forward to seeing pictures of your new addtion when he arrives:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice