Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Hi all first time posting hope it's in the right place apologies if not..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Victoria Evans, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Victoria Evans

Victoria Evans PetForums Newbie

20170416_231002.jpg 20170416_231110.jpg 20170416_231136.jpg Hi all,
    Could any of you throw some ideas as to what my staff x is crossed with please. Purely for curiosity sake as I love him to bits and pieces regardless! He's just a few days off 6 months old and weighs 15kg. Temperament wise he's very hyperactive loves running around with my 2 boys but also a big fuss pot when indoors. He's quite receptive to new faces in the house once he's had a little bark upon hearing people approach but can be a little nervous around new faces outdoors. Does seem confident with other dogs and attempts to play with all dogs we come across when allowed. He seems to listen well and responds quit consistently to commands he has been taught unless he's overexcited which I presume is due to his age? Thanks in advance vicki x

2. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

That's quite a thick coat for a Staff. Hmm.... I don't really know.

3. Victoria Evans

Really? I never considered his coat tbf but now you mention it it is quite thick especially around his neck and down his back. He's my first dog since becoming a responsible adult :p so I don't have much personal experience to compare him to

4. SpicyBulldog

SpicyBulldog PetForums VIP

I've no clues but he is handsome

5. Victoria Evans

Thank you I think he is too tho obviously I'm biased! The lady we had him off said he was staff x am bulldog but as he grows he seems too skinny and lanky to be this. My other half thinks staffy x collie. I guess maybe he's just a little pick and mix lol

6. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Hello and [​IMG] to PF

Not really sure about what cross your dog is, but maybe a Staffy x Lab.

7. Sairy

Sairy PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome! He's a lovely looking boy. Not sure what he is crossed with as he looks more staff to me that anything. You may get a better idea when he has fully matured and has reached his final size.

8. Victoria Evans

Hiya and thank you!
    A friend said that too. He's definitely got lots of energy whatever he is! I think it's quite fun trying to guess though and can't wait to see how he grows

9. Little P

Little P PetForums VIP

That last photo looks very jack Russell/patterdale terrier like to me

10. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

I would say in my limited knowledge that he just looks like a young non kc reg'd Staffy to me.

11. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

I was thinking the texture of his coat is very Jack Russell even though the colour is definitely Staffy.

12. Victoria Evans

Hi guys,
    Thank you for your welcomes and your guesses iv googled everyone's suggestions and I can definitely see the resemblance to all of them! I guess I'll have to be a bit patient and wait till he grows a bit more here a a few pics from today if iv not bored you all already!

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice